What i like to do most.

Hi all, its me again(while sweeping dust and cobwebs of this blog).
Its the 3rd day of raya aidil adha, 2nd day of august and still the days of tasyriq.
Alhamdulillah, this year i managed to celebrate the month at home with my family again. Even though im a house officer and there are those outside who have to cover the floor to work on holidays like this, but God gave me the chance to have a break. Actually bila fikir balik, there is always a chance during my 2 years of working, I manage to squeeze in to celebrate it at home , syukur ya allah.

Now we were at the loving room. As usual it was a place to talk about everything under the sun(besides the dining table that is). Anyway ummi was fondling her new Iwatch she got for her birthday, abah was on his favourite sofa scrolling his phone, maryam was on the floor, lying down minding the ceiling, and me and una was scrolling the phone too(oops, socializing in our own ways). i suddenly stopped and gave out a remark of how i think im aging and losing interest in things. I said that i dont know what i like anymore, i dont read often books, i sometimes binge netflix but most of the time i just scroll the media killing time. And indeed that is absolutely unproductive and  boringgg. I know right!

 I asked ummi, What do you like to do? She answered instantly, jahitlah! And i had to agree. Ummi can change any kain copeng/any sort of kainlah into a masterpiece. I remembered she made hannah’s baju kurung, she made hannah’s hairband and banyak lagi lah. So thats that la kan. Then i asked una, what do you like to do, and answered, travel, and netflixing. And true enough, she can travel every week from kelantan back and forth to shah alam, she can plan ahead with her buddies to go to besut, cameron highlands, pulau perhentian and she is even planning to go to sarawak tak lama lagi. I pondered balik, what on earth are my hobbies? Una added, what do you like when you have ample free time, what is it that makes you happy?

I like to scroll social media, and see what happens to other peoples life. I start scrolling since morning then suddenly its midnight, and its time to sleep. I am jailed in peoples’ world. I always want to know what happens to others. Their feeds, their stories. But that makes me happy for a while, then i get tired, i answered quickly.

My ummi also said, then ponder back, what do you really like to do, whatever you do in life, don't search for happiness alone, happiness is temporary. What you must search is contentment, Once you feel contented, you will feel satisfied and eventually you become happy.

It made me ponder, all these while, i always measure myself up to other people’s standard. They go and eat at these fancy restaurant, then i must also go. They wear this stylish attire, then i must also wear. They travel to such places, then i must also reach there. No, its not about them, stop doing that, its about me, what do i like to do, what do i benefit if i do/go there or eat that.

So now, i question again. What do i like to do? Then i slowly answer to myself, i like meeting people, i like visiting old friends (and new) and go to their places. Connecting with people heals me.

While i still am searching for a more relevant hobby. I know that I would be thrilled to connect with my long lost friends out there. Please do keep in touch.

So long, salam eid-ul adha, 13Zulhijjah1441.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the diary of a wirawati

light upon light in Ramadan.

KTT's most wanted